Tormek T-7 Anniversary Edition
We celebrate the 40th anniversary of the very first Tormek machine
Since 1973, Tormek has set a new standard for the sharpening of edge tools through its unique design and a number of innovative jigs and attachments. We find that worth celebrating – With a limited graphite anniversary edition of Tormek T-7!
How is it different from the regular Tormek T-7?
The anniversary edition is specially coated in an graphite grey metallic, is only made in a strictly limited edition and will sell as long as stock last. Available from September 2013.
In addition to all the standard T-7 accessories that is included with the machine, you also get the appreciated Rotating Base RB-180 included in the package. It enables you to rotate the machine to change grinding direction. Also, you will be one of the proud owners of the Tormek anniversary cap, exclusively made for the anniversary edition.
The 2013 special edition T-7 has all the features that make Tormek the preferred sharpening system including:
• A Powerful AC Motor and a Unique Gear System. The Tormek motor maintains an ideal RPM, regardless of load. A reliable, self-adjusting gear ensures you always get the correct torque, without excessive force and wear to the system.
• Advanced Grindstone. The unique composition of the Tormek grindstone has been thoroughly tested to offer the best combination of efficient steel removal, smooth surface finish and a long life. There is no need to change discs or belts. Dress the stone with the Stone Grader SP-650 to get two different cutting actions from the same stone.
• Sharpen all your edge tools. With the wide range of Tormek patented jigs, you can sharpen practically all types of edge tools. Tormek is dedicated to developing water cooled sharpening through innovative solutions!
• Precise Replication. The key when sharpening with a Tormek is repeatability. You can shape a tool exactly to your needs. Complicated shapes such as fingernail turning gouges and oval skew chisels with a radius edge are sharpened easily.
• Cleanest edges. You finish the sharpening process by honing and polishing the edge on the leather honing wheel. You get a razor sharp edge.
• Fast sharpening. Once the shape is created, you remove only a fraction of the steel when re-sharpening, which makes it a quick job.
• Full control. At the low speed, you have full control of the sharpening and remove no more steel than necessary. An extra benefit is that your tools last longer.
• No risk of overheating. There is no risk that the edge becomes overheated and loses its hardness.
• Safe and quiet. Worn steel particles are deposited into the water trough, keeping the air clear of grinding dust. No sparks are produced that can be a fire hazard in workshops with a lot of wood dust. You will also find that the Tormek runs surprisingly quietly.
• Quality and performance. Buying a Tormek is a safe investment in quality and performance with a 7 years warranty. You are assured that all future developments will fit your machine.
DEPENDABLE AND VERSATILE SINCE 1973.
The early Tormek machines soon earned a reputation and became popular. The very first model was driven with a hand powered drill. The design for the power transmission to work was innovative and the first Tormek patent was approved. Since then, Tormek has developed into a full sharpening system, unique in its kind. The spirit of innovation and the desire to make sharpening easy and effective is still at the heart of everything we do. Everyone should be able to learn how to sharpen! More about the history of Tormek »
Width 270 mm (10 5/8")
Depth 250 mm (10")
Height 325 mm (12¾")
Weight machine only 14.2 kg (31.3 lbs)
Tormek Original Grindstone SG-250, Aluminium oxide 250×50 mm, 90 rpm, torque 14.7 Nm
Leather Honing Wheel
220×31 mm (8 5/8"×1¼")
Stainless steel main shaft, stone hardware and EzyLock.
Steel housing 3 mm (1/8") with ED base coating and a tough powder coat finish.
Industrial single phase 200 W (input) 230 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz, Continuous duty. Maintenance free. Silent running, 52 dB. 25,000 hour life.
The water trough incorporates a strong magnet, which attracts the steel particles worn from the tools being sharpened. This keeps your stone clean and cutting more freely.
Tormek T-7 has a rock solid 7 year warranty including professional usage. We are so confident in our T-7 model, that we will give you an additional 3 years warranty. From the long Tormek standard warranty of 7 years to an amazing 10 years. All you need to do is to register your machine within 6 months after your purchase.