Campaign September 2022: Free Grindstones for Life
That’s right. During the entire month of September, every purchase of a Tormek T-8 Original or Tormek T-4 Original in the EU, UK, Australia and Norway will grant you a ‘Free Grindstones for Life Certificate’.
The Sharpest Lifetime Companion
We are confident that our sharpening machines will last for a very long time. Often, they even outlast their user. What’s usually the first thing to go is the Original Grindstone. Not because it breaks, but because you simply wear it down after years of sharpening all your tools. We want to give you a chance to remedy that, with a lifetime supply of grindstones with your purchase of a Tormek T-8 Original or Tormek T-4 Original.
Our Original Grindstones have adjustable sharpening characteristics equivalent to between 220 – 1000 grit. This makes them the ultimate all-round grinding wheel to sharpen your edge tools. You can also true our Original Grindstones with the TT-50 Truing Tool if it goes out of shape, so you'll always have a nice round and flat grindstone. For a lifetime.
This campaign is valid in the EU, UK, Australia and Norway from September 1 to September 30, 2022, while stocks last. With every purchase of a Tormek T-8 Original or Tormek T-4 Original during this period, you are eligible for a ‘Free Grindstones for Life Certificate’. To obtain your certificate you must:
- Register your machine at tormek.com/en/support/register-your-tormek by October 15, 2022.
- Upon registration, you must enter “FGL, date of purchase, name of reseller” in the ‘Comments to Tormek’-section.
When your new machine is registered, you will receive your ‘Free Grindstones for Life Certificate’. We administer every certificate manually, so please be forgiving as it may take some time for you to get it. If you haven’t received your certificate by November 15, 2022, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “FGL Certificate”.
Using your certificate
The ‘Free Grindstones for Life Certificate’ guarantees you to exchange your grindstone if it wears down to a certain diameter. You can exchange your SG-250 Original Grindstone for Tormek T-8 if it wears down to a diameter of 7” / 180 mm, or your SG-200 Original Grindstone for Tormek T-4 if it wears down to a diameter of 6” / 150 mm. The exchange of worn-out grindstones will be administered by Tormek, and you will get at new Original Grindstone free of charge, shipping included. The ‘Free Grindstones for Life Certificate’ is valid for, at most, three (3) replacement stones in total within 25 years from date of purchase (based on the approximate service life of your Tormek machine).
To receive a new Original Grindstone if your current one is worn down to the specified diameters, you have to:
- Save the ‘Free Grindstones for Life Certificate’ and be able to show it upon request,
- Send pictures of your worn grindstone to email@example.com together with a copy of your machine purchase receipt,
- In your email, specify your full name, address where you would like the replacement grindstone to be sent (has to be the same country from where the machine was purchased), machine serial no. (on the side of the machine, in a corner below the honing wheel) and grindstone no. (you will find it under the label).